Building a dream house starts with laying out. Floor plan for any house is very important and choosing a perfect floor plan is very stressful. A lot of factors play in determining the floor plan. Every corner of the floor is to be designed in the manner that the maximum can be utilized for them. To do so, one has to do a lot of brainstorming.
Factors that determine the floor plan
- Location- The location is one of the most determining aspect as the house should go with the other house located in that location.
- Lifestyle – Your lifestyle directly determines the outlook of your home.
- Size – The size of the family should be taken into consideration while determining the floor plan.
- Law – it is not allowed somewhere to build a multi-storey building. Therefore, before starting the floor plan one should have complete knowledge of the laws of that place where the house has to be constructed.
These changes from place to place and is mostly governed by the local authorities.
How to choose the Right Plan?
- Created the list of needs – It’s the need that govern the decision. One should closely monitor the need and design accordingly.
- Observe – One should be able to observe yourself and the other family members, like where they spend most of their time.
- Reference from other Homes – You may have visited many homes or houses of various people close to you. You might have also liked something about each of these homes. As this can also be a good reference As you can learn from their mistakes.
- Consider the land – consider the physical condition of the land like from where the sunrise, which direction has a beautiful view, This will help you in determining the balcony and rooms.
Some important questions?
Here are some of the important questions that one should ask before searching for a Floor Plan.
1) What is missing in my Current Home?
2) What would be the life in next 10 years?
3) what is more important size or amenities?
4) Which are the functional spaces?
One should finalize the floor plan only when he/she gets an answer to these questions.
How to choose the perfect floor plan
- Choose what suits your Lifestyle – Lifestyle plays an important role in the selection of the floor plan. As a family with small kids can manage to have a common bathroom, because there is no such privacy issue, when compares to a family having all adults.
- Is Entertainment your things – Many families have often guest to visit there house or they throw parties all time around. But some families are very private Hence, as their needs are different their design will also be different. Therefore, designs get as the needs change.
- Single Story or Multiple Story – Some families like to stay together, while other needs personal space and privacy.
- Function of your home – The area of the home is also determined by the various functions like, a family with a new born baby will want to have an open space so that their baby can enjoy in that space. While an older person will love things compact, when he/she is living all alone, so that the things can be easily access able.
- Outdoor Living – If you love the outdoor, then a porch, lanai, or other amenities would vary important for you hence you would like to design your home in such a way or manner so that you get a porch, where you can enjoy your leisure time.
Choosing a floor plan can be very challenging as one has to look after the comfort of every family member. It is a process that cannot be done solely, but would require teamwork. One can also take the help of an expert for creating a floor plan also if you think you have learnt about it write for their website, to give a personal look.